October 31, 2015

OneHive Raids: A Letter to Clash of Clans from the War Community

Posted by Gerty | Saturday, October 31, 2015 Categories:
There had been a lot of discussions lately after the big Clashcon event. Other websites featured what happened while some shared the updates that we can expect before the year ends.

But I think, the most heated up discussion on social media right now with regards to Clash is what the war community thinks about the concluded Clash of Clans event. If you have read the forums, Twitter posts and Youtube comments, you will have an idea of what COC players think about Clashcon and how they reacted with the comments of those who had been very vocal about their opinions.

I don't know where it really started but I believe that a lot of viewpoints came out after the admin of COC Twitter account blocked Jake from Onehive (@OneHiveRaids). It was unblocked on the same day but it sort of ignited a lot of negative reactions from hardcore players. There are those who say that they don't care who Jake is and the fact that he was blocked. Some say it was deserved because most war players have bad attitude, etc. I do not expect those who don't war to really concern themselves. I have read what some trophy pushers and farmers think about this. I do not know if I consider myself to belong in the war community. Maybe not. I guess I am one of those casual players, I don't push. I don't farm. But I love wars and I strive to be a better player than I am now. I agree and support what the war community is fighting for.

Some have mentioned this already and I'd like to reiterate it. The twitter blocking may look simple or irrelevant but it means something to those who play the game for the purpose of war. It isn't about Jake. It is about who Jake represents. Not OneHive or those mega war clans. It is about those who have the passion for the game. A lot may not understand what this passion is but I'd say passion is something you should never question. Passion may not define a person as a whole but it takes a solid part of who a person is because passion drives someone to grow and be better at something.

Personally, I consider passion as a challenge and a joy at the same time. You won't get tired of learning all the parts, the corners, the entirety because even though you are in the box of your passion, you feel free. And I'm not only talking about playing this game. Artists, painters, writers, singers, dancers and gamers are just alike. They only have different interests.

As I have promised to do, I am posting here the video made by OneHive Raids entitled Dear Supercell -- A Letter to Clash of Clans from the War Community.



1 comments:

Rich said...

I vote Gerts for president. Ack... I thought I can vote lol!

Good words by Jake. I hope this reaches SC. Now, let's war!

    Email Twitter Tumblr Instagram Goodreads Youtube

website statistic